Asia is a vast area that is on the other side of the world, both literally and culturally. Western culture developed in one day, and eastern culture developed another. Study abroad in Asia if you want to travel to an exotic destination where over half of the entire world’s population lives.
When you travel to the continent of Asia you will:
- Meet a wide variety of people full of pride for their historical cities
- See some fascinating man-made structures and remarkable wonders of nature
You can also:
- Travel back in time to Beijing, China and view the Forbidden City, the location of the world’s largest imperial palace where the Ming and Qing dynasties ruled.
- Visit one of Japan’s most famous cities, Kyoto, and see the spectacular Zen temple of Kinkakuji, also known as The Temple of the Golden Pavilion.
- See a true Wonder of the World if you go to Agra, India and marvel at the architectural beauty of the Taj Mahal, which took over twenty-two years to build and is constructed entirely of white marble.
Whether you spend a summer or a semester study abroad experience in any of these Asian cities, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime study abroad Asia experience that will provide you with an appreciation for new cultures.